Church Activities and Annual Days
- Emancipation Proclamation Sunday (1st Sunday January)
- Social Justice Sunday (3rd Sunday January) and January Mentoring Month-Volunteer Recruitment
- Youth and Young Adult Empowerment Sunday (2nd Sunday in January)
- Anthony Kelley Endowed Scholarship and Birthday Dinner – (4th Sunday in January-Endowment Scholarship established in 2003 by Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary located on the Campus of Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois).
- African-American History Period (Month of February)
- Sweethearts Day Celebration (Wednesday before Valentine’s Day)
- Health and Wellness Ministry Susan Komen Race For Breast Cancer Cure (2nd Saturday in March)
- Mother’s Day Celebration and Cancer Awareness/Survival Day (2nd Sunday in May)
- Church Anniversary Weekend Celebration Annual Family and Friends Day Picnic (3rd Saturday in May)
- Church Anniversary Celebration (3rd Sunday in May)
- Youth Day (2nd Sunday in June)
- Vacation Bible School (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after 2nd Sunday in June)
- Deacon William M. Turner, Jr. Memorial Men’s Fellowship Prayer Breakfast (3rd Saturday in June)
- Father’s Day Celebration and Prostate Cancer Awareness Sunday (3rd Sunday in June)
- Graduates/Honors Day and Doretha Davis Memorial Scholarship (4th Sunday in June)
- Back-to-School Program and Community Event (3rd Saturday in July)
- Annual Taste Fair (3rd Saturday in September)
- Love Celebration for Pastor Anthony Kelley and Family (4th Sunday in October)
- Thanksgiving Day Food Drive and Alberta Bolden Vernon Memorial Pew Rally (3rd Sunday in November)
- Youth Conference and Revival (Wednesday after 1st Sunday through 2nd Sunday)
- Christmas Grace Gift Worship Service and Christmas Program (4th Sunday in December)
For Immediate Release
November 22, 2017
The Greater First Church of Baker, LA will launch its Small Group Bible Study Communities Ministry where interested persons, to include members of GFC along with guests, relatives, friends and neighbors from the community, gather in the homes of members who serve as hosts in a small group informal setting. Meetings will take place simultaneously so that interested persons can choose to attend based upon their real time life schedules, location and travel needs. Meetings focusing on the Classical Inward, Outward and Corporate Spiritual Disciplines will be conducted by competent Bible Study Facilitators trained and led by Pastor Anthony Kelley.
To seek to love and follow Jesus Christ as we study the Word, pray, fellowship and serve; as well as to facilitate small group relationship building; increase numbers of participants; and ultimately spiritually strengthen and grow church membership.
To be conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm beginning Wednesday January 17, 2018.
Various homes in communities to include: Zachary (1), Baker (2), and North, South, East, and Southeast Baton Rouge (4), LA. Children, youth and young Adult Millennials will meet separately on Wednesdays at Greater First Church, 4669 Groom Road, Baker, LA.
For more information on how you might share and participate in the Small Group Bible Study Communities Ministry and reserve your place now, please contact Deacon Richard Craven at 225 439-2614; or Deacon Gerald Sigers at 225 200-6198. You may also register at firstname.lastname@example.org (Pastor Anthony Kelley).